Custom Home Build Process
At Caliber Iowa, our process begins with a one-on-one consultation with capable professionals dedicated to making your homebuilding experience personal and satisfying. During this brainstorming session we will create the mold for the way you and your family want to truly live within your new home. We always encourage our clients to bring any plans, photos or sketches they may have of their ideas and goals for their home.
After the initial consultation, we will help guide you through the exciting yet challenging process of choosing a home site you’ll love, all while educating you along the way.
Upon completion of your house plan Caliber Iowa will bid the cost of construction with its preferred building partners. The estimated costs will be used to prepare your price quote which can be modified to accommodate your needs and budget. Cost bidding will ensure an accurate budget for your home is established and maintained throughout the homebuilding process.
Dedicated to Design
A home that is truly yours is reflected in the design, feel and look, both inside and out. Because of this Caliber Homes has a full-time design consultant available to assist you with selections for specific styles, finish, fixtures and overall design to make your house truly your home.
Topics of discussion that your design consultant will assist with include:
- Window frame colors
- Siding & gutter colors
- Shingle color
- Stone or brick styles and color options
- Kitchen cabinets
- Plumbing fixtures and finishes
- Fireplace mantels
- Door Hardware
- Bathroom hardware
- Hardwood and/or laminate flooring
- Exterior and interior paint colors
TIME TO BUILD
Your selections are made and financing is complete. Now the construction begins!
You will be asked to be present at the following walk-through appointments:
- Pre-drywall electrical walk-through: Selection of lighting locations
- Post-electrical walk-through: Ensure all fixtures are in the correct locations
- Trim walk-through: Meet your custom trim carpenters to discuss trim details and options
- Preliminary closing walk-through and orientation: Complete a thorough interior and exterior inspection of your home pre-closing
- 30 day Post-closing walk-through (30 day): Inspection after move in to ensure any outstanding items have been corrected.
We are excited to help make your dream home a reality and look forward to the opportunity of working with you!Contact Our Team
HOMES READY TO CUSTOMIZE
Choose from a variety of completed houses across the Des Moines metro and move in sooner to your new Caliber Home than ever expected.View Our Homes
ALL YOU NEED IS A GOOD PLAN
Peruse our unique floor plan options—each plan having the flexibility for customization to meet your personal needs.
A BEAUTIFUL HOME WORTH BUILDING
We build beautiful custom homes that we’re proud of and that our clients love living in. Download our brochure to see what we can do to make your house a home.